Title: A Perfect Paris Christmas
Author: Mandy Baggot
Publisher: Aria
Publication Date: 03 Sept 2020






United in grief. Pushed apart by tragedy.

Keeley Andrews knows more than anyone that you only live once. So when she receives an invitation to spend two weeks in Paris, all expenses paid, she jumps at the chance.

Ethan Bouchard has had the worst eighteen months of his life. He's ready to give up on everything, including his hotel chain. So when he meets Keeley, it simply isn't the right time.

As Keeley and Ethan continue to bump into each other on the romantic Parisian streets, they can't help but wonder whether this is fate telling them to let go of the past and leap into the future...

Head to Paris this Christmas and fall in love under the lights of the Eiffel Tower with best-selling author, Mandy Baggot.



I’m not gonna lie, I was pretty skeptical about this book. When I read the synopsis on NetGalley and saw the cover, I immediately requested it because I was impressed. But when I started to read it, I read the first chapter and couldn’t complete it because I had other things to do. This happened a couple of times. The beginning was a bit of a bore but once Keeley arrives in Paris, everything turns interesting. 

Ethan and Keeley are going through different kinds of pain caused by the same event. They don’t know how to deal with it. Keeley suffers from the death of her sister, Bea and she’s also conscious of the fact that she adopted Ferne’s kidney and it's always on the back of her mind. Also, her parents' coddling is not helping. On an invitation from her kidney donor’s mother, Silvie Durand she flies to Paris on vacation. She runs into Ethan, a hotel owner, and finds a connection. I was interested to see where the story would go because Ethan and Keeley are from different regions and I wasn’t sure how they were going to handle all that. Although A perfect Paris Christmas is their story, the characters that I fully connected to were Erica and Jeane. I felt they were more real and had and were more interesting than the main characters. 

Bathrooms had acoustics to rival the best concert hall, according to Erica.

Jeane and Bo-Bo were cute as well. Ethan doesn’t know how to handle things and his unease was well-portrayed. They have such deep conversations, Ethan and Jeanne, and all the more reason for adults to stop adultism.  

‘Money equals opportunity.’

‘You do not think you can be yourself and find success in life?’ Ethan asked. 

‘I do not think it,’ Jeanne carried on. ‘I know it.’ 

There was a lot of terminologies I wasn’t familiar with. But that didn’t distract me much. Btw, I knew where Rachel’s storyline was gonna go. I knew what was going to happen with Rach and some special somebody. 

This book is written in 3rd person, has slow pacing but I finished reading it in 2 days. It was a pretty quick read for me. There were many chapters but they were short.  Perspectives changed chapter-to-chapter. The descriptions were engaging and flowy. 

“Their framed reflections in this old mirror was like looking at an old photograph, its edges blurred, slightly rumpled, but the two people were knitting together so easily, so perfectly. 

The most meaningful book I’ve read in a long time. I like the entire kidney-transplant concept, it's something that might make people uncomfortable and it was very cool to see that included in a Christmas/holiday romance. ‘A Perfect Paris Christmas’ is Ethan and Keeley’s story though and through. Recommended to all romance book lovers who want to read something deep/philosophical. It’s a very beautiful and bittersweet novel. I’m going to be adding all of Mandy Baggot’s other titles onto my tbr. Also, I forgot to mention one thing. 💖Joe Jonas>Nick Jonas. The previous sentence may or may not have something to do with the book😃. ARC provided by Aria publishers and Mandy Baggot via NetGalley. Thank you.  

Rating
⭐⭐⭐⭐


SHARE 2 comments

Add your comment

  1. A beautiful collage Komal and lovely review❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Farshana, the weather's been extremely dull here in Hyd and you brightened my day💕

      Delete

© In A Book Shell · THEME BY WATDESIGNEXPRESS